Cattle whose owner is unknown. 2 Kent. Comm. 359; Spelman ; 20 Iowa,437. Any beast, not wild, found within any lordship, and not owned by any man.Cowell; 1 Bl. Comm. 297.Estray must be understood as denoting a wandering beast whose owner is unknownto the person who takes it up. An estray is an animal that has escaped from its owner,and wanders or strays about; usually defined, at common law, as a wandering animalwhose owner is unknown. An animal cannot be an estray when on the range where itwas raised, and permitted by its owner to run, and especially when the owner is known to the party who takes itup. The fact of its being breachy or vicious does not make it an estray. Walters v. Glatz,2!) Iowa, 430; Roberts v. Barnes, 27 Wis. 425; Kinney v. Roe, 70 Iowa, 500. 30 N. W.770; Shepherd v. Ilawley, 4 Or. 20S.
What is ESTRAY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?