Known as an ETC. A type of debt instrument very similar to mortgaging or a leasing. According to the specifications of the agreement, an ETC owner/investor uses a particular asset, paid for over an agreed-to set period of time. At payoff, the investor owns the asset. These certificates originally financed railroad cars. ETCs carry a well-liked tax benefit. Because the investor does not yet own the asset while the ETC is still viable, the asset is not property of the company or investor, so no taxes are owed on it. ETCs are typically used to financing a boat or aircraft (or railcar?).
What is EQUIPMENT TRUST CERTIFICATE?
- QUALIFIED TERMINABLE INTEREST PROPERTY TRUST (Q-TIP TRUST)
- EQUIPMENT FINANCING
- PARTICIPATION CERTIFICATE
- MOBILE EQUIPMENT
- PHYSICIANS AND SURGEONS’ EQUIPMENT FORM
- PROPERTY AND EQUIPMENT TURNOVER
- PROPERTY, PLANT, AND EQUIPMENT
- CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION (COP)
- MOBILE AGRICULTURAL MACHINERY AND EQUIPMENT COVERAGE FORM
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?