1a. In insurance, this is an added, special provision to an insurance policy that improves or constrains its coverage. 1b. In other types of contracts, this one or more addenda not part of the original, yet is integral and legal when attached. Also, refer to attachment and rider. 2. In Trading, this is the signing of a legal document in a legal capacity. Signing any negotiable instrument, be it a bill of exchange, bill of lading, delivery order, or other document of title, means the signer (1) guarantees to being the legal owner of the instrument, (2) knows of no defect in it, (3) has received it for value received in good faith, and (4) in the normal course of business, is legally allowed to transfer it to another party. Signing a contract confirms approval of its contents and terms. A third-party signing a promissory note means if the principal borrower defaults the signer guarantees payment.
What is ENDORSEMENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- How To Start a Sole Proprietorship
- What Does Emancipation Mean?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?