1a. In insurance, this is an added, special provision to an insurance policy that improves or constrains its coverage. 1b. In other types of contracts, this one or more addenda not part of the original, yet is integral and legal when attached. Also, refer to attachment and rider. 2. In Trading, this is the signing of a legal document in a legal capacity. Signing any negotiable instrument, be it a bill of exchange, bill of lading, delivery order, or other document of title, means the signer (1) guarantees to being the legal owner of the instrument, (2) knows of no defect in it, (3) has received it for value received in good faith, and (4) in the normal course of business, is legally allowed to transfer it to another party. Signing a contract confirms approval of its contents and terms. A third-party signing a promissory note means if the principal borrower defaults the signer guarantees payment.
What is ENDORSEMENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?