1a. In insurance, this is an added, special provision to an insurance policy that improves or constrains its coverage. 1b. In other types of contracts, this one or more addenda not part of the original, yet is integral and legal when attached. Also, refer to attachment and rider. 2. In Trading, this is the signing of a legal document in a legal capacity. Signing any negotiable instrument, be it a bill of exchange, bill of lading, delivery order, or other document of title, means the signer (1) guarantees to being the legal owner of the instrument, (2) knows of no defect in it, (3) has received it for value received in good faith, and (4) in the normal course of business, is legally allowed to transfer it to another party. Signing a contract confirms approval of its contents and terms. A third-party signing a promissory note means if the principal borrower defaults the signer guarantees payment.
What is ENDORSEMENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check