1a. In insurance, this is an added, special provision to an insurance policy that improves or constrains its coverage. 1b. In other types of contracts, this one or more addenda not part of the original, yet is integral and legal when attached. Also, refer to attachment and rider. 2. In Trading, this is the signing of a legal document in a legal capacity. Signing any negotiable instrument, be it a bill of exchange, bill of lading, delivery order, or other document of title, means the signer (1) guarantees to being the legal owner of the instrument, (2) knows of no defect in it, (3) has received it for value received in good faith, and (4) in the normal course of business, is legally allowed to transfer it to another party. Signing a contract confirms approval of its contents and terms. A third-party signing a promissory note means if the principal borrower defaults the signer guarantees payment.
What is ENDORSEMENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?