That part of a statute which declares its enactment and serves toidentify it as an act of legislation proceeding from the proper legislative authority.Various formulas are used for this clause, such as “Be it enacted by the people of thestate of Illinois represented in general assembly,” “Be it enacted by the senate andhouse of representatives of the United States of America in congress assembled,” “Thegeneral assembly do enact,” etc. State v. Patterson, 98 N. C, 6C0, 4 S. E. 350; Pearcev. Vittum, 193 111. 192, 61 N. E. 1116; Territory v. Burns, 6 Mont. 72, 9 Pac. 432.
What is ENACTING CLANSE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?