The title of the sovereign ruler of au empire. This designation wasadopted by the rulers of the Roman world after the decay of the republic, and was assumedby those who claimed to be their successors in the “Holy Roman Empire,” asalso by Napoleon. It is now used as the title of the monarch of some single countries,as lately iu Brazil, and some composite states, as Germany and Austria-Hungary, and bythe king of England as “Emperor of India.”The title “emperor” seems to denote a power and dignity superior to that of a”king.” It appears to be the appropriate style of the executive head of a federal government,constructed on the monarchial principle. and comprising in its organizationseveral distinct kingdoms or other quasi sovereign states; as is the case with theGerman empire at the present day.
What is EMPEROR?
- Admin Law Keyed to Rogers & Krotoszynski
- Comparative Constitutional Law
- Constitutional Law
- Secured Transactions
- Case and Materials on Torts (Robertson, Powers, Anderson, Wellborn, 4th Ed.)
- Constitutional Law (Chemerinsky)
- Constitutional Law (Cherminisky)
- Property Law – 2
- Property Law
- Legislation and Regulation
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check