One or more unanticipated characteristics or properties that show only when the entire system or process is engaged and working. The emergence is meaningful only at the level of the whole system, process, or person. It is not merely the sum of the characteristics or properties of its components or parts. It cannot be anticipated from knowledge of the components and parts. Understanding it requires knowledge of the ‘whole’ system.. Examples are the wetness of water, a person’s character or personality, a particular strength or weakness of an economy or society.
What is EMERGENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?