Business conducted without the exchange of paper based documents through the use of electronic and/or online devices. It includes activities such as procurement, order entry, transaction processing, payment, authentication and nonrepudiation, inventory control, order fulfillment, and customer support. The general public participates in ecommerce, almost unknowingly these days. Ecommerce devices include computers, telephones, fax machines, barcode readers, credit cards, automated teller machines (ATM) or other electronic appliances, whether or not using the internet.
What is ELECTRONIC COMMERCE (E-COMMERCE)?
- ELECTRONIC COMMERCE CODE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (ECCMA)
- ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE FOR ADMINISTRATION, COMMERCE, AND TRANSPORTATION (EDIFACT)
- ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER (EFT)
- ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE (EDI)
- COMMERCE SERVICE PROVIDER (CSP)
- SILENT COMMERCE
- ELECTRONIC HUB
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (ECN)
- ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING COVERAGE
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?