Business conducted without the exchange of paper based documents through the use of electronic and/or online devices. It includes activities such as procurement, order entry, transaction processing, payment, authentication and nonrepudiation, inventory control, order fulfillment, and customer support. The general public participates in ecommerce, almost unknowingly these days. Ecommerce devices include computers, telephones, fax machines, barcode readers, credit cards, automated teller machines (ATM) or other electronic appliances, whether or not using the internet.
What is ELECTRONIC COMMERCE (E-COMMERCE)?
- ELECTRONIC COMMERCE CODE MANAGEMENT ASSOCIATION (ECCMA)
- ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE FOR ADMINISTRATION, COMMERCE, AND TRANSPORTATION (EDIFACT)
- ELECTRONIC FUNDS TRANSFER (EFT)
- ELECTRONIC DATA INTERCHANGE (EDI)
- COMMERCE SERVICE PROVIDER (CSP)
- SILENT COMMERCE
- ELECTRONIC HUB
- ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS NETWORK (ECN)
- ELECTRONIC DATA PROCESSING COVERAGE
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- How To Check If A Number Is On The Do Not Call List
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?