In medicine. That system followed by physicians who selecttheir modes of practice and medicines from various schools. Webster.”Without professing to understand much of medical phraseology, we suppose thatthe terms ‘allopathic practice’ and ‘legitimate business’ mean the ordinary methodcommonly adopted by the great body of learned and eminent physicians. which istaught in their institutions, established by their highest authorities, and accepted by thelarger and more respectable portion of the community. By ‘eclectic practice,’ withoutimputing to it, as the counsel for the plaintiff seem inclined to, an odor of illegality, wepresume is intended another and different system, unusual and eccentric, notcountenanced by the classes before referred to, but characterized by them as spuriousand denounced as dangerous. It is sufficient to say that the two modes of treatinghuman maladies are essentially distinct, and based upon different views of the natureand causes of diseases, their appropriate remedies, and the modes of applying them.”Bradbury v. Bardin, 34 Conn. 453.
What is ECLECTIC PRACTICE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?