In medicine. That system followed by physicians who selecttheir modes of practice and medicines from various schools. Webster.”Without professing to understand much of medical phraseology, we suppose thatthe terms ‘allopathic practice’ and ‘legitimate business’ mean the ordinary methodcommonly adopted by the great body of learned and eminent physicians. which istaught in their institutions, established by their highest authorities, and accepted by thelarger and more respectable portion of the community. By ‘eclectic practice,’ withoutimputing to it, as the counsel for the plaintiff seem inclined to, an odor of illegality, wepresume is intended another and different system, unusual and eccentric, notcountenanced by the classes before referred to, but characterized by them as spuriousand denounced as dangerous. It is sufficient to say that the two modes of treatinghuman maladies are essentially distinct, and based upon different views of the natureand causes of diseases, their appropriate remedies, and the modes of applying them.”Bradbury v. Bardin, 34 Conn. 453.
What is ECLECTIC PRACTICE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?