A system of courts in England, held by authority of the sovereign, and havingjurisdiction over matters pertaining to the religion and ritual of the established church,and the rights, duties, and discipline of ecclesiastical persons as such. Tbey are asfollows: The archdeacon’s court, consistory court, court of arches, court of peculiars,prerogative court, court of delegates, court of convocation, court of audience, court offaculties, and court of commissioners of review. See those several titles; and see 3 Bl.Comm. 64-6S. Equitable Life Assur. Soc. v. Paterson, 41 Ga. 364, 5 Am. Rep. 535.
What is ECCLESIASTICAL COURTS?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Nepotism, Cronyism, & Favoritism: Illegal Or Unethical?
- How To Get A Green Card
- How To Obtain A Criminal Background Check In Pennsylvania
- How To Avoid Probate
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online
- How Do I Check On My Security Clearance Status?