Pieces of wood placed against the sides and bottom of the hold of avessel, to preserve the cargo from the effect of leakage, according to its nature andquality. Abb. Shipp. 227.There is considerable resemblance between dunnage and ballast. The latter is usedfor trimming the ship, and bringing It down to a draft of water proper and safe forsailing. Dunnage is placed under the cargo to keep It from being wetted by watergetting into the hold, or between the different parcels to keep them from bruising and Injuring each other. Great Western Ins. Co. v. Thwing, 13 Wall. C74, 20 L. Ed. GOT ; Richards v. Hansen (C. C.) 1 Fed. 56.
What is DUNNAGE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?