In ecclesiastical law. A grievance made known by a clerk or other person, tothe archbishop of the province, against the ordinary, for delaying or refusing to dojustice in some cause ecclesiastical, as to give sentence, institute a clerk, etc. It istermed a “double complaint,” because it is most commonly made against both thejudge and him at whose suit justice is denied or delayed ; the effect whereof is that thearchbishop. taking notice of the delay, directs his letters. under his autlientical seal, toall clerks of his province, commanding them to admonish the ordinary, within a certainnumber of days, to do the justice required, or otherwise to appear before him or hisofficial, and there allege the cause of his delay; and to signify to the ordinary that if heneither perform the thing enjoined, nor appear nor show cause against it, he himself, iuhis court of audience, will forthwith proceed to do the justice that is due.Cowell.
What is DOUBLE COMPLAINT, OR DOUBLE QUARREL?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?