A reasonable marriage portion. A reasonable part of her husband’s estate, to which every widow is entitled, of lauds of which her husband may haveendowed her on the day of marriage. Co. Litt. 330. Dower, at common law. 2 Bl. Comm. 134.Dos de dote peti non debet. Dower ought not to be demanded of dower. Co. Litt.31; 4 Coke, 1226. A widow is not dow- able of lands assigned to another woman indower. 1 Hill. Real Prop. 135.Dos rationabilis vel legitima est cujus- libet mulieris de quocunque tenemento tertiapars omnium texrarum et tene- mentorum, quae vir suus tenuit in dominio suo ut defeodo, etc. Co. Litt. 330. Reasonable or legitimate dower belongs to every woman of athird part of all the lands and tenements of which her husband was seised in hisdemesne, as of fee, etc.
What is DOS RATIONABILIS?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Breach Of Contract: What It Is, Types, Examples, & Resolving Them
- Plausible Deniability Definition, Examples, & Laws
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online