A reasonable marriage portion. A reasonable part of her husband’s estate, to which every widow is entitled, of lauds of which her husband may haveendowed her on the day of marriage. Co. Litt. 330. Dower, at common law. 2 Bl. Comm. 134.Dos de dote peti non debet. Dower ought not to be demanded of dower. Co. Litt.31; 4 Coke, 1226. A widow is not dow- able of lands assigned to another woman indower. 1 Hill. Real Prop. 135.Dos rationabilis vel legitima est cujus- libet mulieris de quocunque tenemento tertiapars omnium texrarum et tene- mentorum, quae vir suus tenuit in dominio suo ut defeodo, etc. Co. Litt. 330. Reasonable or legitimate dower belongs to every woman of athird part of all the lands and tenements of which her husband was seised in hisdemesne, as of fee, etc.
What is DOS RATIONABILIS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?