The house of lords, abbreviated into Bom. Proc., or D. P.Domus sna cuique est tutissimnm re- fugium. To every man his own house is hissafest refuge. 5 Coke, 916; 11 Coke, 82; 8 Inst. 162. The house of every one is to himas his castle and fortress, as well for his defense against injury and violence as for hisrepose. 5 Coke, 916; Say. 227; Broom, Max. 432. A man’s dwelling-house is his castle,not for his own personal protection merely, but also for the protection of his family andhis property therein. Curtis v. Hubbard, 4 Hill (N. Y.) 437.Domus tutissimnm cuique refugium atque receptaculum sit. A man’s house shouldbe his safest refuge and shelter. A maxim of the Roman law. Dig. 2, 4, 18.Dona clandestina sunt semper snspi- ciosa. 3 Coke, 81. Clandestine gifts are always suspicious.Donari videtur, quod nullo jure co- gente conceditux. Dig. 50, 17, 82. A thing is saidto be given when It Is yielded otherwise than by virtue of right.
What is DOMNS PROCERUM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?