The house of lords, abbreviated into Bom. Proc., or D. P.Domus sna cuique est tutissimnm re- fugium. To every man his own house is hissafest refuge. 5 Coke, 916; 11 Coke, 82; 8 Inst. 162. The house of every one is to himas his castle and fortress, as well for his defense against injury and violence as for hisrepose. 5 Coke, 916; Say. 227; Broom, Max. 432. A man’s dwelling-house is his castle,not for his own personal protection merely, but also for the protection of his family andhis property therein. Curtis v. Hubbard, 4 Hill (N. Y.) 437.Domus tutissimnm cuique refugium atque receptaculum sit. A man’s house shouldbe his safest refuge and shelter. A maxim of the Roman law. Dig. 2, 4, 18.Dona clandestina sunt semper snspi- ciosa. 3 Coke, 81. Clandestine gifts are always suspicious.Donari videtur, quod nullo jure co- gente conceditux. Dig. 50, 17, 82. A thing is saidto be given when It Is yielded otherwise than by virtue of right.
What is DOMNS PROCERUM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?