In the civil law. The owner of a vessel. Dig. 39. 4, 11. 2.Dominus non maritabit pupillum nisi emel. Co. Litt. 9. A lord cannot give a ward in marriage but once.Dominus rex nullum babere potest parem, multo minus superiorem. Theking cannot have an equal, much less a superior. 1 Reeve, Eng. Law, 115.
What is DOMINUS NAVIS?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?