Juridical days; useful or available days. A term of the Roman law,used to designate those especial days occurring within the limits of a prescribed periodof time upon which it was lawful, or possible, to do a specific actDies dominicus non est jnridicus. Sunday is not a court day, or day for judicialproceedings, or legal purposes. Co. Litt. 135a; Noy, Max. 2; Wing. Max. 7, max. 5;Broom, Max. 21.Dies inceptus pro completo babetur.A day begun is held as complete.Dies incertus pro conditione babetur.An uncertain day is held as a condition.
What is DIES UTILES?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?