Lat He has wasted. The act of an executor or administrator in wastingthe goods of the deceased; mismanagement of the estate by which a loss occurs ; abreach of trust or misappropriation of assets held in a fiduciary character; any violationor neglect of duty by an executor or administrator, involving loss to the decedent’sestate, which makes him personally responsible to heirs, creditors, or legatees. Clift v.White, 12 N. Y. 531; Beardsley v. Marsteller, 120 Ind. 319, 22 N. E. 315; Steel v.Holladay, 20 Or. 70, 25 Pac. 69, 10 L R. A. 670; Dawes v. Boylston, 9 Mass. 353, 6 Am.Dec. 72; McGlaughlin v. McGlaughlin, 43 W. Va. 226, 27 S. E. 378.Also, if plaintiff, in an action against an executor or administrator, has obtainedjudgment, the usual execution runs de bonis tes- tatoris; but, if the sheriff returns tosuch a writ nulla bona testatoris nec propria, the plaintiff may, forthwith, upon thisreturn, sue out an execution against the property or person of the executor oradministrator, in as full a manner as in an action against him, sued in his own right.Such a return is called a “devastavit.” Brown.
What is DEVASTAVIT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?