In medical jurisprudence. Delirium is that state of the mind in which it acts without being directed by the power of volition, which is wholly or partially suspended.This happens most perfectly in dreams. But what is commonly called “delirium”is always preceded or attended by a feverish and highly diseased state of the body. The patient in delirium is wholly unconscious of surrounding objects or conceives them to be different from what they really are. His thoughts seem to drift about, wild- ering and tossing amidst distracted dreams.And his observations, when he makes any, as often happens, are wild and incoherent;or, from excess of pain, he sinks into a low muttering, or silent and death-like stupor.The law contemplates this species of mental derangement as an intellectual eclipse; as a darkness occasioned by a cloud of disease passing over the mind; and which must soon terminate in health or in death. Owing’s Case, 1 lilaud (Md.) 380, 17 Am. Dec. 311; Supreme Lodge v. Lapp, 74 S. V. 050, 25 Ky. Law Rep. 74; Clark v. Ellis, 9 Or. 132; Brogden v. Brown, 2 Add. 441.
What is DELIRIUM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?