A person who is delegated or commissioned to act in the stead of another; a person to whom affairs are committed by another; an attorney.A person elected or appointed to be a member of a representative assembly. Usuallyspoken of one sent to a special or occasional assembly or convention. Manston v.Mcintosh, 58 Minn. 525, 60 N. W. 672, 28 L. R. A. 605.The representative In congress of one of the organized territories of the United States.
What is DELEGATE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?