Lacking in some particular which is essential to the completeness, legalsufficiency, or security of the object spoken of; as, a “defective” highway or bridge,(Munson v. Derby, 37 Conn. 310, 9 Am. Rep. 332; Whitney v. Ticouderoga, 53 Hun,214, 6 N. Y. Supp. 844;) machinery, (Machinery Co. v. Brady, 60 111. App. 379;) writor recognizance, (State v. La valley, 9 Mo. 836; McArthur v. Boynton, 19 Colo. App.234, 74 Pac. 542;) or title, (Copertini v. Op- permann, 76 Cal. 181, 18 Pac. 256.)
What is DEFECTIVE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?