Lacking in some particular which is essential to the completeness, legalsufficiency, or security of the object spoken of; as, a “defective” highway or bridge,(Munson v. Derby, 37 Conn. 310, 9 Am. Rep. 332; Whitney v. Ticouderoga, 53 Hun,214, 6 N. Y. Supp. 844;) machinery, (Machinery Co. v. Brady, 60 111. App. 379;) writor recognizance, (State v. La valley, 9 Mo. 836; McArthur v. Boynton, 19 Colo. App.234, 74 Pac. 542;) or title, (Copertini v. Op- permann, 76 Cal. 181, 18 Pac. 256.)
What is DEFECTIVE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?