A hybrid DEBT/EQUITY security that consists of a COUPONbearing BOND and an embedded equity OPTION that allows the investor to convert into a specified number of shares of COMMON STOCK once the CONVERSION PRICE is reached. Convertible bonds are generally issued at par with CONVERSION PREMIUMS of 1525 percent and final maturities of 10 to 15 years. See also CONDITIONAL PUT CONVERTIBLE BOND, EXCHANGEABLE BOND, LOW PREMIUM CONVERTIBLE BOND, MANDATORY CONVERTIBLE BOND, PUTABLE CONVERTIBLE BOND, REVERSE CONVERTIBLE BOND, ZERO COUPON CONVERTIBLE BOND.
What is CONVERTIBLE BOND?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?