A hybrid DEBT/EQUITY security that consists of a COUPONbearing BOND and an embedded equity OPTION that allows the investor to convert into a specified number of shares of COMMON STOCK once the CONVERSION PRICE is reached. Convertible bonds are generally issued at par with CONVERSION PREMIUMS of 1525 percent and final maturities of 10 to 15 years. See also CONDITIONAL PUT CONVERTIBLE BOND, EXCHANGEABLE BOND, LOW PREMIUM CONVERTIBLE BOND, MANDATORY CONVERTIBLE BOND, PUTABLE CONVERTIBLE BOND, REVERSE CONVERTIBLE BOND, ZERO COUPON CONVERTIBLE BOND.
What is CONVERTIBLE BOND?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?