A hybrid DEBT/EQUITY security that consists of a COUPONbearing BOND and an embedded equity OPTION that allows the investor to convert into a specified number of shares of COMMON STOCK once the CONVERSION PRICE is reached. Convertible bonds are generally issued at par with CONVERSION PREMIUMS of 1525 percent and final maturities of 10 to 15 years. See also CONDITIONAL PUT CONVERTIBLE BOND, EXCHANGEABLE BOND, LOW PREMIUM CONVERTIBLE BOND, MANDATORY CONVERTIBLE BOND, PUTABLE CONVERTIBLE BOND, REVERSE CONVERTIBLE BOND, ZERO COUPON CONVERTIBLE BOND.
What is CONVERTIBLE BOND?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?