Binding contract (usually demonstrated by any airway bill, lading bill, or ticket of a passenger) which includes terms of transportation that state the duties and privileges of a transporter and a passenger/shipper. The transporter takes the responsibility of delivering passengers/ goods from a given point of departure to a given destination, in exchange of fare/freight. . This contract tackles issues particularly related to things being carried, liability associated with it, and remuneration for damage, injuiry, or loss to the passengers/goods is measured, allocated, and paid. In passenger transport industries like cruise ship, airline etc. it also includes the transporter
What is CONTRACT OF CARRIAGE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?