Lat. The custom of merchants, the same with lex meroatoria. Consuetudo contra rationem intro- ducta potius usurpatio quam consuetudo appellari debet. A custom introduced against reason ought rather to be called a “usurpation” than a “custom.” Co. Litt. 113. Consuetudo debet esse certa; nam in- certa pro nulla habetur. Dav. 33. A custom should be certain; for an uncertain custom is considered null. Consuetudo est altera lex. Custom Is another law. 4 Coke, 21. Consuetudo est optimus interpret le- gnm. 2 Inst. 18. Custom is the best expounder of the laws. Consuetudo et communis assuetudo vincit legem non scriptam, si sit spe- cialis; et interpretatur legem scriptam, si lex sit generalis. Jenk. Cent. 273. Custom and common usage overcomes the unwritten law, if it be special; and interprets the written law, If the law be general. Consuetudo ex certa causa rationablli nsitata privat communem legem. A custom, grounded on a certain and reasonable cause, supersedes the common law. Litt.
What is CONSUETUDO MERCATOR- UIN?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?