Lat. The custom of merchants, the same with lex meroatoria. Consuetudo contra rationem intro- ducta potius usurpatio quam consuetudo appellari debet. A custom introduced against reason ought rather to be called a “usurpation” than a “custom.” Co. Litt. 113. Consuetudo debet esse certa; nam in- certa pro nulla habetur. Dav. 33. A custom should be certain; for an uncertain custom is considered null. Consuetudo est altera lex. Custom Is another law. 4 Coke, 21. Consuetudo est optimus interpret le- gnm. 2 Inst. 18. Custom is the best expounder of the laws. Consuetudo et communis assuetudo vincit legem non scriptam, si sit spe- cialis; et interpretatur legem scriptam, si lex sit generalis. Jenk. Cent. 273. Custom and common usage overcomes the unwritten law, if it be special; and interprets the written law, If the law be general. Consuetudo ex certa causa rationablli nsitata privat communem legem. A custom, grounded on a certain and reasonable cause, supersedes the common law. Litt.
What is CONSUETUDO MERCATOR- UIN?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?