Kinship; blood relationship ; the connection or relation of persons descended from the same stock or common ancestor. 2 Bl. Comm. 202; Blodgett v. Brinsmaid, 9 Vt. 30; State v. De Hart, 109 La. 570, 33 South. 605; Tepper v. Supreme Council, 59 N. J. Eq. 321, 45 Atl. Ill; Rector v. Drury, 3 Pin. (Wis.) 298. Lineal and collateral consanguinity. Lineal consanguinity is that which subsists between persons of whom one is descended in a direct line from the other, as between son, father, grandfather, great-grandfather, and so upwards in the direct ascending line; or between son, grandson, great grandson, and so downwards in the direct descending line. Collateral consanguinity is that which subsists between persons who have the same ancestors, but who do not descend (or ascend) one from the other. Thus, father and son are related by lineal consanguinity, uncle and nephew by collateral consanguinity. 2 Bl. Comm. 203; Mc- Dowell v. Addams. 45 Pa. 432; State v. De Hart, 109 La. 570. 33 South. 005; Brown v. Baraboo, 90 Wis. 151, G2 N. W. 921, 30 L R. A. 320. “Affinity” distinguished. Consanguinity, denoting blood relationship, is distinguished from “affinity,” which is the connection existing in consequence of a marriage, between each of the married persons and the kindred of the other. Tegarden v. Phillips, 14 Ind. App. 27, 42 N. E. 549; Carman v. Newell. 1 Denio (N. Y.) 25: Spear v. Robinson, 29 Me. 545.
What is CONSANGUINITY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?