The conditional remission or forgiveness, by one of the married parties, of a matrimonial offense committed by the other, and which would constitute a cause of divorce; the condition being that the offense shall not be repeated. See Pain v. Pain, 37 Mo. App. 115; Betz v. Betz, 25 N. Y. Super. Ct. G90; Thomson v. Thomson, 121 Cal. 11, 53 Pac. 403; Ilarnett v. Harnett, 55 Iowa, 45, 7 N. W. 394; Eggerth v. IOggerth, 15 Or. 620, 10 Pac. 050; Turnbull v. Turnbull, 23 Ark. 015; Odom v. Odom, 36 Ga. 318; Poison v. Poison, 140 Ind. 310, 39 N. E. 498. The term is also sometimes applied to forgiveness of a past wrong, fault, injury, or breach of duty in other relations, as, for example, in that of master and servant. Leatherberry v. Odell (C. C.) 7 Fed. 64S.
What is CONDONATION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?