Mechanism for converting junk grade bonds into an investment grade asset based securities (ABS). Debt financing. In this process a bank’s portfolio of low-rated bonds, as the underlying collateral for an issue of CBO, is transferred to a specially created corporation or trust, called a special purpose vehicle or CPV. The corp or trust has no other assets and manages the transferred items. Typically, thebe is managed at two or more levels, called tiers or tranches, with a variety of rates of interest and degrees of risk.
What is COLLATERALIZED BOND OBLIGATION (CBO)?
- COLLATERALIZED MORTGAGE OBLIGATION (CMO)
- ARBITRAGE COLLATERALIZED DEBT OBLIGATION
- COLLATERALIZED LOAN OBLIGATION (CLO)
- CASH COLLATERALIZED DEBT OBLIGATION
- COLLATERALIZED MORTGAGED OBLIGATION (CMO)
- SYNTHETIC COLLATERALIZED DEBT OBLIGATION (CDO)
- GENERAL OBLIGATION (GO) BOND
- OBLIGATION BOND
- GENERAL OBLIGATION BOND
- MORAL OBLIGATION BOND
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is a statute of limitations and how long does it last?
- What is the Fair Housing Act and who does it protect?
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?