1. From coal: This is pressed solid carbon and flyash residue, resulting from the destructive distillation of bituminous coal, baked in the absence of oxygen in an oven to burn off volatile constituents and fuse the carbon and flyash together. About 90 percent carbon, its heating worth is nearly 25 million BTUs per ton. Burned primarily in iron ore smelting in blast furnaces. Typically, the ratio of about 550 kilograms, or roughly 1200 pounds, of coke is used per one ton of pig iron. This is about a 60% ratio. 2. From oil: The cracking of petroleum is the source of this pressed, solid residue . Five barrels of oil to roughly one ton, or about 900 kg. of coke, is the typical ratio. About 95 percent carbon, it has a heating worth of about 26.5 million BTUs per ton, and is consumed primarily as a refractory lining for arc furnaces and in the manufacture of synthesis gas and carbon electrodes.
What is COKE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?