Officers formerly attached to the English court of chancery, whose duties consisted principally in sealing bills of complaint and writs of execution, filing affidavits, keeping a record of suits, and certifying office copies of pleadings and affidavits. They were three in number, and the business was distributed among them according to the letters of the alphabet. By the judicature acts, 1873, 1875, they were transferred to the chancery division of the high court. Now, by the judicature (officers’) act. 1879, they have been transferred to the central office of the supreme court, under the title of “Masters of the Supreme Court,” and the office of clerk of records and writs has been abolished. Sweet.