An institution organized by the banks of a city, where their messengers may meet daily, adjust balances of accounts, and receive and pay differences. Crane v. Bank, 173 Pa. 500, 34 Atl. 296; National Exch. Bank v. National Bank of North America, 132 Mass. 147; Philler v. Patterson, 168 Pa. 468, 32 Atl. 26, 47 Am. St Rep. 896.
What is CLEARING-HOUSE?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?