Element essential to the manufacture of stainless steel in alloying. It increases the corrosion resistance and hardenability of steel. When added as 12 to 20 percent by weight, together with carbon, it imparts abrasion and wear resistance. It is a trace element that is essential in human nutrition. Leather tanning is one industry that uses its compounds, such as chromium sulfate. The French chemist, Louis Vauquelin discover it in 1797.
What is CHROMIUM?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?