Neglect; a ceasing from, or omission to do, a thing. 3 Bl. Comm. 232. The determination of an estate. 1 Coke, 84; 4 Kent, Comm. 33, 90, 105, 295. The “cesser” of a term, annuity, or the like, takes place when it determines or comes to an end. The expression is chiefly used (iu England) with reference to long terms of a thousand years or some similar period, created by a settlement for the purpose of securing the income. portions, etc.. given to the objects of the settlement. When the trusts of a term of this kind are satisfied, it is desirable that the term should be put an end to, and with this object it was formerly usual to provide in the settlement itself that, as soon as the trusts of the term had been satisfied, it should cease and determine. This was called a “proviso for cesser.” Sweet.
What is CESSER?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online