A time DEPOSIT issued by a BANK to a depositor that pays a fixed or variable INTEREST RATE; in most instances the deposit represents a senior, unsecured LIABILITY of the issuing bank. A CD may be issued onshore or offshore in any one of several currencies, with a final maturity ranging from 1 week to 10 years. Certain CDs (i.e., NEGOTIABLE CDs) can be actively traded in the SECONDARY MARKET. See also FLOATING RATE CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT, LOCKUP CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT.
What is CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT (CD)?
- FLOATING RATE CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT (FRCD)
- LOCK-UP CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT (CD)
- NEGOTIABLE CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT (CD)
- NEGOTIABLE CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT (NCD)
- BROKERED CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT (CD)
- CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT
- TIME DEPOSIT
- SAVINGS CERTIFICATE
- MONEY MARKET CERTIFICATE (MMC)
- MONEY MARKET DEPOSIT ACCOUNT
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- How To Start a Sole Proprietorship
- What Does Emancipation Mean?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?