Lat. I have taken. This word was of frequent use in the returns of sheriffs when they were made in Latin, and particularly In the return to a writ of capias. The full return (in Latin) to a writ of capias was commonly made in one of the following forms: Ccpi corpus, I have taken the body, i. e., arrested the body of the defendant; Cepi corpus et bail, I have taken the body and released the defendant on a bail-bond; Cepi corpus et committitur, I have taken the body and he has been committed tto prison) ; Cepi corpus et est in custodia, I have taken the defendant and he is in custody; Cepi corpus et est languidly, I have taken the defendant and he is sick, i. e., so sick that he cannot safely be removed from the place where the arrest was made; Cepi corpus et paratum liabeo, I have taken the body and have it (him) ready, i. e., in custody and ready to be produced when ordered.
What is CEPI?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?