Pollution reduction device that eliminates or reduces substantially emissions. Usually attached to a car or engine exhaust system. Converts three specific substances from harmful to benign. Carbon monoxide converts from poisonous gas to carbon dioxide. Nitrogen oxide converts from cause of smog and acid rain to nitrogen and oxygen. Hydrocarbons convert from cause of smog and respiratory ills to carbon dioxide and water. Built of stainless steel. Is a box attached to exhaust, containing ceramic beads or a honeycomb coated with catalysts, such as alumina, ceria, or other compounds mixed with palladium, platinum and rhodium. A variety of sensors adjusts fuel and air flow into the engine.
What is CATALYTIC CONVERTER?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check