Constructions [of written instruments] are to be made liberally, on account of the simplicity of the laity, [or common people,] in order that the thing [or subject-matter] may rather have effect than perish, [or become void.] Co. Litt. 36a; Broom, Max. 540.
What is BENIGNE FACIENDAE SUNT INTERPRETA- TIONES, PROPTER SIMPLICITATEM LAICORUM, UT RES MAGIS VALEAT QUAM PEREAT?
- BENIGNE FACIENDSE SUNT INTERPRETA- TIONES CHARTARUM, UT RES MAGIS VALEAT QUAM PEREAT; ET QUAE LIBET CONCESSIO FORTISSIMO CONTRA DONATOREM INTERPRETANDA EST
- CUM IN TESTAMENTO AMBIGUE ANT ETI- AM PERPERAM SCRIPTUM EST BENIGNE INTERPRETARI ET SECUNDUM ID QUOD CREDI- BILE EST COGITATUM CREDENDUM EST
- DEBITA LAICORUM
- DA TUA DNM TNA SUNT, POST MORTEM TUNC TUA NON SUNT
- CUM QUOD AGO NON VALET UT AGO, VALEAT QUANTUM VALERE POTEST
- BENIGNIUS LEGES INTERPRCTANDSE SUNT QUO VOLUNTAS EARUM CONSERVETUR
- CHALLENGE PROPTER DEFECTUM
- BENEFICIUM NON DATUM NISI PROPTER OFIICIUM
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Take Someone To Small Claims Court
- What is Jury Nullification?
- Guide to Court Ordered Mediation
- Workplace Retaliation – What It Is And How To Handle It
- A Guide on Lemon Law for New & Used Cars
- The Exclusionary Rule
- Illegal Eviction – The Consequences & How to Avoid It
- California Landlord-Tenant Laws
- What is Duress?
- Conservatorship vs Guardianship
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?