As a verb; to make an official investigation and examination of accounts and vouchers. As a noun; the process of auditing accounts ; the hearing and investigation had before an auditor. People v. Green, 5 Daly (N. Y.) 200; Maddox v. Randolph County, 65 Ga. 218; Machias River Co. v. Pope, 35 Me. 22; Cobb County v. Adams, 68 Ga. 51; Clement v. Lewiston, 97 Me. 95, 53 Atl. 9S5; People v. Barnes, 114 N. Y. 317, 20 N. E. 609; In re Clark, 5 Fed. Cas. 854.
What is AUDIT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?