A person ought not to be judge in his own cause, because he cannot act as judge and party. Co. Litt. 141; 3 Bl. Comm. 59.
What is ALIQUIS NON DEBET ESSE JUDEX IN PROPRIA CAUSA, QUIA NON POTEST ESSE JUDEX ET PARS?
- ACTUS REPUGNUS NON POTEST IN ESSE PRODUCI
- DEFICIENTE NNO SANGUINE NON POTEST ESSE HSERES
- DEBET ESSE FINIS LITIUM
- DEBET SUA CUIQUE DOMUS ESSE PERFUGI- UIU TUTISSIMUM
- CUJUS EST COMMODUM EJUS DEBET ESSE INCOMMODUM
- CNI JURISDICTIO DATA EST, EA QUOQUE OONCESSA ESSE VIDENTUR, SINE QUIBUS JURISDICTIO EXPLICARI NON POTEST
- SUUS JUDEX
- ACTUS INCEPTUS, CUJUS PERFECTIO PEN- DET EX VOLUNTATE PARTIUM, REVOCARI POTEST; SI AUTEM PENDET EX VOLUNTATE TER- TISE PERSONSE, VEL EX CONTINGENT!, REVOCARI NON POTEST
- BONUS JUDEX SECUNDUM SEQUUM ET BONUM JUDICAT, ET SEQUITATEM STRICTO JURI PRAEFERT
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is a statute of limitations and how long does it last?
- What is the Fair Housing Act and who does it protect?
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?