Somewhat of possession, and nothing of right, (but no right.) A phrase used by Braeton to describe that kind of possession which a person might have of a thing as a guardian, creditor, or the like; and also that kind of possession which was granted for a term of years, where nothing could be demanded but the usufruct. Bract fols. 39a, 160a.
What is ALIQUID POSSESSIONS ET NIHIL JURIS?
- CURRIT TEMPUS CONTRA DESIDES ET SUI JURIS CONTEMPTORES
- CUJUS JURIS (T E, JURISDICTIONIS) EST PRINCIPALE, EJUSDEM JURIS ERIT ACCESSO- RIUM
- ALIENI JURIS
- NIHIL EST
- RECTO DE DOTE UNDE NIHIL HABET
- DANS ET RETINENS, NIHIL DAT
- SI ALIQUID SAPIT
- QUANDO ALIQUID PROHIBETUR
- ALIQUID CONCEDITUR NE INJURIA REMA- NEAT IMPNNITA, QUOD ALIAS NON CONCE- DERETNR
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?