In the United States, NOTES or BONDS issued by governmentsponsored or governmentguaranteed institutions (e.g., FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION, GOVERNMENT NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION, FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORPORATION). The securities carry explicit or implicit government support related to PRINCIPAL and interest payments, and thus carry the strongest CREDIT RATINGS. Agency securities, which are issued with short to longterm maturities and fixed or floating coupons, are exempt from REGISTRATION requirements established by the SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION.
What is AGENCY SECURITY?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?