Lying near or close to; contiguous. The difference between adjacent and adjoining seems to be that the former implies that the two objects are not widely separated, though they may not actually touch, while adjoining imports that they are so joined or united to each other that no third object intervenes. People v. Keechler, 194 111. 235. 62 N. E. 525; Ilanifen v. Armitage (C. C.) 117 Fed. &45; McDonald v. Wilson. 59 Ind. 54; Wormley v. Wright County, 108 Iowa, 232, 78 N. W. 824; Hennessy v. Douglas County, 90 Wis. 129, 74 N. W. 9S3; Yard v. Ocean Beach Ass’n, 49 N. J. Eq. 300, 24 Atl. 729; Henderson v. Long, 11 Fed. Cas. 10S4; Yuba County v. Kate Hayes Min. Co., 141 Cal. 3G0, 74 Pac. 1049; United States v. St. Anthony It. Co.. 192 U. S. 524, 24 Sup. Ct. 333, 48 L. Ed. 54S. But see Miller v. Cabell, 81 Ky. 184; In re Sadler, 142 Pa. 511, 21 Atl. 978.
What is ADJACENT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How to Fill Out Form W-9
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?