The interest on a BOND or LOAN that has been earned but not yet paid. Interest payable/receivable accumulates between COUPON payment periods; once a periodic interest payment is made, accrued interest reverts to zero and begins building on a daily basis until the next payment. Accrued interest of a FIXED INCOME instrument can be computed via: where C is the coupon, AD is the actual number of days that have elapsed since the last coupon, and n is number of days in the coupon period. See also CLEAN PRICE, DIRTY PRICE.ACCUMULATED DIVIDEND A DIVIDEND that has been declared, but not yet paid, to investors holding CUMULATIVE PREFERRED STOCK. No dividends are payable to holders of COMMON STOCK until accumulated dividends have been paid. Since accumulated dividends are contractually owed to investors, they are reflected as a LIABILITY on the issuer
What is ACCRUED INTEREST?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- Double Jeopardy Law
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?