The interest on a BOND or LOAN that has been earned but not yet paid. Interest payable/receivable accumulates between COUPON payment periods; once a periodic interest payment is made, accrued interest reverts to zero and begins building on a daily basis until the next payment. Accrued interest of a FIXED INCOME instrument can be computed via: where C is the coupon, AD is the actual number of days that have elapsed since the last coupon, and n is number of days in the coupon period. See also CLEAN PRICE, DIRTY PRICE.ACCUMULATED DIVIDEND A DIVIDEND that has been declared, but not yet paid, to investors holding CUMULATIVE PREFERRED STOCK. No dividends are payable to holders of COMMON STOCK until accumulated dividends have been paid. Since accumulated dividends are contractually owed to investors, they are reflected as a LIABILITY on the issuer
What is ACCRUED INTEREST?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online