The interest on a BOND or LOAN that has been earned but not yet paid. Interest payable/receivable accumulates between COUPON payment periods; once a periodic interest payment is made, accrued interest reverts to zero and begins building on a daily basis until the next payment. Accrued interest of a FIXED INCOME instrument can be computed via: where C is the coupon, AD is the actual number of days that have elapsed since the last coupon, and n is number of days in the coupon period. See also CLEAN PRICE, DIRTY PRICE.ACCUMULATED DIVIDEND A DIVIDEND that has been declared, but not yet paid, to investors holding CUMULATIVE PREFERRED STOCK. No dividends are payable to holders of COMMON STOCK until accumulated dividends have been paid. Since accumulated dividends are contractually owed to investors, they are reflected as a LIABILITY on the issuer
What is ACCRUED INTEREST?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?