A real action to recover the possession of land where the tenant(or owner) has been disseised or otherwise wrongfully dispossessed. If the disseisor hasaliened the land, or if it has descended to his heir, the writ of entry is said to be in theper, because it alleges that the defendant (the alienee or heir) obtained possessionthrough the original disseisor. If two alienations (or descents) have taken place, thewrit is in the per and cut, because it alleges that the defendant (the second alienee) obtainedpossession through the first alienee. to whom the original disseisor had aliened ItIf more than two alienations (or descents} have taken place, the writ is in the post, becauseit simply alleges that the defendant ac quired possession after the originaldisseisin.NCo. Litt 2386 ; 3 Bl. Comm. 180. The writ of entry was iibolished, with other real actions,in England, by St. 3 & 4 Wm. IV. c. 27,
What is WRIT OF ENTRY?
Enter your email address to stay current on legal news and receive special offers
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- W-4: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Martial Law: Everything You Need To Know In 2020
- W-9s: What It Is, Who They’re For, & How To Fill It Out
- Marijuana: Recreational, Grow, & Medical Laws By State 2020
- Economic Recession VS Depression: Similarities & Differences
- Brexit Explained For Those Who Don’t Live In The UK
- Imperialism Definition, Laws, & History: From Rome To Now
- Capitalism, Socialism, & Communism Explained In Plain English
- What Is A Government Shutdown & Who Does It Affect?
- Is It A Monopoly? Everything You Ever Wanted To Know
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online