In English law. A warrant or permit for the custom-house to let goods pass. Transit in rem jndicatam. It passes into a matter adjudged; it becomes converted into a res judicata or judgment. A contract upon which a judgment is obtained is said to pass in rem judkatam.. United States v. Cushman, 2 Sumn. 430, Fed. Cas. No. 14,008; 3 East, 251; Robertson v. Smith, 18 Johns. (N. Y.) 4S0, 0 Am. Dec. 227. Transit terra cum onere. Land passes subject to any burden affecting it Co. Litt. 231a; Rroorn, Max. 495, 700.
What is TRANSIRE, n?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is a statute of limitations and how long does it last?
- What is the Fair Housing Act and who does it protect?
- How Long is a Life Sentence?
- What is Entrapment?
- A Guide to the Types & Classes of Bankruptcy
- A Simple Guide to Medicare vs Medicaid
- What are the Miranda Rights?
- Property Management Law
- How Arbitration Works
- What is the Fourth Amendment?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?