Nomen est quasi rei notamen. A name is, as it were, the note of a thing. 11 Coke, 20. Nomen non sufficit, si res non sit de jure ant de facto. A name is not sufficient if there be not a thing [or subject for it] de jure or de facto. 4 Coke, 1076. Nomina mutabilia sunt, res autem im- mobiles. Names are mutable, but things are immovable, [immutable.] A name may be true or false, or may change, but the thing itself always maintains its identity. 6 Coke, CG. Nomina si nescis perit coguitio rerum| et nomina si perdas, certe distinctio rerum perditur. Co. Litt. 8G. If you know not the names of things, the knowledge of things themselves perishes; and, if you lose the names, the distinction of the things is certainly lost. Nomina sunt notse rerum. 11 Coke, 20. Names are the notes of things. Nomina sunt symbola rerum. Godb. Names are the symbols of things.
What is TRANSCRIPTITIA?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?