A yielding up of an estate for life or years to him who has an im- mediate estate in reversion or remainder, by which the lesser estate is merged in the greater by mutual agreement. Co. Litt. 3376. And see Coe v. Hobby, 72 N. Y. 145, 28 Am. Rep. 120; Gluck v. Baltimore, SI Md. 315, 32 Atl. 515, 48 Am. St. Rep. 515; Brewer v. National Union Bldg. Ass’n, 100 111. 221, 46 N. E. 752; Dayton v. Craik, 20 Minn. 133, .1 N. W. S13; Bobertson v. Wiuslow, 99 Mo. App. 540, 72 S. W. 442. An assurance restoring or yielding up an estate, the operative verbs being “surrender and yield up.” The term is usually applied , to the giving up of a lease before the expiration of it. Wharton. the giving up by bail of their principal into custody, in their own discharge. 1 Burrill, Pr. 394. Of charter. A corporation created by charter may give up or “surrender” its char ter to the people, unless the charter was granted under a statute, imposing indefeasible duties on the bodies to which it applies. Grant, Corp. 45.
What is SURRENDER?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Why Trump’s Lawsuit Tactics Won’t Turn The Election
- What Is Impeachment & How Does It Work, Exactly?
- War Drafts – What You Should Know About the Return of the Draft
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?