it, upon tlie reversal or setting aside of the judgment or order of court under which it was taken from him. Haebler v. Myers, 132 N. Y. 3G3, 30 N. E. 963,15 L. R. A. 588, 28 Am. St. Rep. 5S9; Gould v. McFall, 118 Pa. 455, 12 Atl. 336, 4 Am. St. Rep. 606; First Nat Rank v. Avery Planter Co., 69 Neb. 329, 95 N. W. 624, 111 Am. St. Rep. 541. If, after money has been levied under a writ of execution, the judgment be reversed by writ of error, or set aside, the party against whom the execution was sued out shall have restitution. 2 Tidd, Pr. 1033; 1 Burrill, Pr. 292. So, on conviction of a felon, immediate restitution of such of the goods stolen as are brought into court will be ordered to be made to the several prosecutors. 4 Steph. Comm. 434. In equity. Restitution is the restoration of both parties to their original condition, (when practicable,) upon the rescission of a contract for fraud or similar cause.
What is RESTRICTION?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?