A money ver diet the amount of which is fixed by the fol- lowing process: Each juror writes down the sum he wishes to award by the verdict: these amounts are all added together, and the total is divided by twelve, (the number of the jurors,) and the quotient stands as the verdict of the jury by their agreement. See Hamilton v. Owego Waterworks, 22 App Div. 573, 4S N. Y. Supp. 100; Moses v. Railroad Co., 3 Misc. Rep. 322, 23 N. Y. Supp. 23. Quoties dubia interpretatio libertatis est, secundum libertatem respondendum erit. Whenever the interpretation of liberty is doubtful, the answer should be on the side of liberty. Dig. 50, 17, 20. Quoties idem sermo duas sententias exprimit, ea potissimum excipiatur, quae rei gerendse aptior est. Whenever the same language expresses two meanings that should be adopted which is the better fitted for carrying out the subject-matter. Dig. 50, 17, 67. Quoties in stipulationibus ambigua oratio est, commodissimum est id accipi quo res de qua agitur in tuto sit. Whenever the language of stipulations is ambiguous, it is most fitting that that [sensel should be taken by which the subject-matter may be protected. Dig. 45. 1, SO. Quoties in verbis nulla est ambiguitas, ibi nulla expositio contra verba fiends est. Co. Litt. 147. When in the QUOTUPLEX 988
What is QUOTIENT VERDICT?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Section 42 Housing
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?