A writ which lay for spiritual persons, distrained in their spiritual possessions, for payment of a fifteenth with the rest of the parish. Fitzh. Nat Brev. 175. Obsolete. Quod populus postremum jussit, id jus , ratum esto. What the people have last enacted, let that be the established law. A law of the Twelve Tables, the principle of which is still recognized. 1 Bl. Comm. 89. Quod primum est intentione ultimum est in operatione. That which is first in intention is last in operation. Bac. Max. Quod principi placuit legis babet vigo- rem. That which has pleased the prince has the force of law. The emperor’s pleasure has the force of law. Dig. 1, 4, 1; Inst 1, 2, 6. A celebrated maxim of imperial law. Quod prius est verius est; et quod priua est tempore potius est jure. Co. Litt. 347. What is first is true; and what is first in time is better in law. Quod pro minore licitum est et pro majore licitum est. 8 Coke, 43. That which is lawful as to the minor is lawful as to the major.
What is QUOD PERSONA NEC PREBEN- DARII, etc?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- What is Racketeering?
- How To Get an EIN Number
- What is a Credit Freeze?
- The 14th Amendment Explained
- What is the Security Exchange Commission?
- Restitution Law – What it is, How to Avoid it, and Tips on Asking for It
- Should I Freeze My Credit?
- Living Will – The Pros & Cons You Need to Know
- What does it mean to be acquitted?
- Forming an LLC in Missouri
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- What Can You Do At 18 Legally?
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Why Do Policemen Touch Your Tail Light When They Pull You Over?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?