Which note; which mark. A reporter’s note in the old books, directing attention to a point or rule. Dyer, 23. Quod nullius esse potest id ut alicu- jus fieret nulla obligatio valet efiicere. No agreement can avail to make that the property of any one which cannot he acquired as property. Dig. 50, 17, 182. Quod nullius est, est domini regis. That which is the property of nobody belongs to our lord the king. Fleta, lib. 1, c. 3; Broom, Max. 354. Quod nullius est, id ratione natural! occupant! conceditur. That which is the property of no one is, by natural reason, given to the [first] occupant. Dig. 41, 1, 3; Inst. 2, 1, 12. Adopted in the common law. 2 Bl. Comm. 258. Quod nullum est, nullum producit ef- fectnm. That which is null produces no effect Tray. I.eg. Max. 519. QUOD OMNES TANGIT 986
What is QUOD NOTA?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Fake News: History, Laws, & Is It Going To Ruin The Election… Again?
- Privacy Laws: Why It Matters, What To Do, & Important FAQs
- Deportation: Human Rights, FAQ, & What To Do
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA): Limits, Expenses & FAQ
- Census 2020: Everything You Need To Know Before You Say No
- What To Expect With An IRA: Traditional, Roth, SEP, & SIMPLE
- Outdated & Weird Laws You Can Still Be Charged With
- 401(K) Types, Loans, Contribution Limits, & Benefits
- Right To Know Law: Everything You Need To Know
- FAQ About The Freedom Of Information Act (FOIA)
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- Best Way to Run a Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- How To Look Up My Court Date Online