Lat. In old English practice. A writ which lay where an inquisition had been made by an escheator iu any county of such lands or tenements as any man died seised of, and all that was in his possession was imagined not to be found by the office; the writ commanding the escheator to inquire what more (quw plura) lands and tenements the party held on the day when he died, etc. Fitzh. Nat. Brev. 255a; Cowell. Quae praeter consuetudinem et morem majorum fiunt neque placent neqne recta videntnr. Things which are done contrary to the custom of our ancestors neither please nor appear right 4 Coke, 78. Quae propter necessitatem recepta sunt, non debent in argumentum trabi. Things which are admitted on the ground of necessity ought not to be drawn into ques- tion. Dig. 50, 17, 162. Quae rerum natura probibentur nulla lege conflrmata sunt. Things which are forbidden by the nature of things are [cat be] confirmed by no law. Branch, Princ Positive laws are framed after the laws ol nature and reason. Finch, Law, 74. Quae singula non prosunt, jnncta juvant. Things which taken singly are of no avail afford help when taken together. Tray. Lat. Max. 486. Quae sunt minoris cttlpae sunt majoris infamiae. [Offenses] which are of a lower grade of guilt are of a higher degree of infamy. Co. Litt. 66. QIL2ECUNQUE INTRA RATIONEM 972
What is QUO PLVBA?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Why People Marched On Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Suing Your Landlord: How, When, Why, & Should You Bother?
- Drug Decriminalization Laws Setup For Rehaul Throughout US
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?