Hear ye. A word used in courts by the public crier to command attention when a proclamation is about to be made. Commonly corrupted into “O yes.” p. 807 PACTA CONVENTA P. An abbreviation for “page;” also for “Paschalis,” (Easter term,) iu the Year Books, aud for numerous otiier words of which it is the initial. P. C. An abbreviation for “Pleas of the Crown;” sometimes also for “Privy Council,” “Parliamentary Cases,” “Patent Cases,” “Practice Cases,” “Penal Code,” or “Political Code.” P. H. V. An abbreviation for “pro hac vice,” for this turn, for this purpose or occa- sion. P. J. An abbreviation for “president” (or presiding) “judge,” (or justice.) P. L. An abbreviation for “Pamphlet Laws” or “Public Laws.” P. M. An abbreviation for “postmaster;” also for “post-meridian,” afternoon. P. O. An abbreviation of “public officer;” also of “post-office.” P. P. An abbreviation for “propria persona,” in Ms proper person, in bis own person. P. S. An abbreviation for “Public Statutes ;” also for “postscript”
What is OYEZ?
Featuring Black’s Law Dictionary
Nothing implied or stated on this page should be construed to be legal, tax, or professional advice. The Law Dictionary is not a law firm and this page should not be interpreted as creating an attorney-client or legal adviser relationship. For questions regarding your specific situation, please consult a qualified attorney.
- Types of License Classes
- What Can You Do If a Judge is Unfair?
- How to Sue an Apartment Complex
- Is Giuliani Facing Being Disbarred?
- Biden’s Newly-Threatened Impeachment… Wait, What?
- Trump Refusing To Pay Lawyer Rudy Giuliani
- Trump Is – Officially – The First President To Be Impeached Twice
- Trump Plans To Run 2024, But Can He Pardon Himself?
- Will Trump Get Indicted Or Impeached (Round 2)
- What Happened At Capitol Hill: A Blow-By-Blow
- Best Way to Find Someone in Jail for Free
- What Is A Police Welfare Check?
- How Do You Look up License Plate Numbers?
- Best Way To Run A Free Arrest Warrant Check
- Signing a Letter on Someone Else’s Behalf
- Best Way to Write a Professional Letter to a Judge
- How To Find A Name & Address Using A License Plate Number
- How To Find An Inmate’s Release Date
- How to Transfer a Car Title When The Owner Is Deceased
- What Rights Do Convicted Felons Lose?